Velpanat – a new universal drug for the treatment of hepatitis C from Natco Pharma from
Who is appointed and in what cases is Velpanat applied
- One Velpanat tablet contains two active substances: Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir. In a complex, they are able to fight chronic viral infection of the liver – viral hepatitis C. The drug is prescribed for patients over 18 years of age.
- The above-mentioned active substances act simultaneously on the virus, blocking the proteins, without which the development of the virus is impossible. This makes it possible to eliminate the infection of HCV.
- The drug Velpanat in some cases can be prescribed together with the drug Ribavirin.
- If you plan to receive any other drugs in parallel, carefully read the inserts to the packaging of these preparations. If you have any questions about taking and combining drugs, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Features of application. What is important to know.
Discuss with your doctor the following points:
- If you have other liver diseases (not only hepatitis C): there is hepatitis B (in which case the doctor will take a more careful look at your situation), a history of liver transplantation.
- If you have kidney disease. There are no complete and exhaustive data based on the study of this drug in patients with serious kidney disease.
- If you take anti-HIV drugs (human immunodeficiency virus).
- At the moment or earlier in the period of a few months before the start of taking Velpanat, you took Amiodaron, a medicine for normalizing the heart rhythm. In case the reception of such a drug took place, it is likely that your doctor will offer alternative therapies.
- If you have heart disease, and you need to take appropriate medications, and during the treatment of Velpanat you notice the following symptoms:
Be ready for timely blood tests, which the doctor will prescribe before and after treatment:
- This is important for deciding whether to continue taking the drug and for how long.
- This will be an indicator of the success of treatment. Your doctor will be able to make sure that the hepatitis C virus in the body is not detected after treatment.
Dosage and frequency of drug administration
- Strictly follow the doctor’s instructions when using Velpanat. If in doubt, seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
- Recommended dose: one tablet a day. Duration of admission – usually not less than 12 weeks, daily.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.